Frequently asked questions about the rental of campervans
Here is a list of answers to frequently asked questions about the rental of campervans, if you want more information or you have a question that is not in this list, you can contact us directly, we will be happy to answer you .
The B license for more than 2 years is enough to drive a van.
On the day of departure of the rental at the latest, we need, for the drivers, certain documents:
- European driving license of more than 1 year (or international)
- Valid identity document (Passport, identity card)
- Deposit check
- The remaining payment by credit card, ANCV holiday vouchers, checks, cash
For W-E: From Saturday morning between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. to Sunday evening until 8 p.m. (possibility of picking up the van from Friday evening and / or a return Monday morning depending on availability and confirmation from us).
For the weeks: From Saturday morning between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. to Friday evening before 5 p.m.
Do not hesitate to consult us if you have a specific request, we try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate you.
We limit the mileage to 2,100 km / week. Or 300 km / day. 0.25 € / additional km.
With pleasure, do not hesitate to contact us beforehand so that we are available to receive you. And even if it’s just to chat about your passion with us!
- 2 tables, 2-4 stools
- 1 kitchen utensil kit
- Audio equipment
- 1 brush
- 1 safety kit (yellow vests, triangle, fire extinguisher)
- 20L solar shower
- Dual battery system
Travel Camper’s insurance covers:
- A professional civil guarantee
- Damage from all accidents (Excess of 2000 €)
- Theft and fire (Excess of 2000 €)
- 24/7 assistance
No, smoking is strictly prohibited inside a rental vehicle according to applicable law.
You have rented a campervan, it’s time to receive the vehicle, but now, what to do with your travel bags? Several options are available to you:
- Store your personal belongings directly in the storage of the van and leave us your empty bags or suitcases.
- Embark with your bags (Hard suitcase not recommended)
The unexpected happen. If you have a breakdown or an accident with one of our campervans, don’t panic, Travel Camper will help you with the procedures:
- Immediately notify the agency where you picked up your van > Contact
- Call the assistance (24 / 24h and 7 / 7d) whose number is given to you when you pick up the van
- Do not have any repairs done without prior agreement
With a campervan, you can park in theory everywhere! The size of the van allows you to go and keep in places that motorhomes cannot access, however, some municipalities regulate parking, please respect them!
Note that you are fined, you are responsible for all fines that occur during your stay.
Remember that you can spend a few nights in motorhome areas and campsites which offer you the possibility to fill your water reserves, to connect to the 220V safely, and which allow you to leave the van to go on other excursions …
To find out more about parking the van, here is an article which details the modalities on thevan-magazine.fr website
There is a minimum rental period of 2 days for the low and mid season, and one week for the months of July and August. No maximum duration, but if you want to go all year round, take a look at the sales page of our van fittings;)
The necessary deposit is 2000 €, which corresponds to the amount of the excess. It can be revised to € 1,000 or € 500 depending on the type of partial deductible surrender chosen.
- In case of cancellation 45 days before the departure date, no deduction will be made
- Between 30 and 45 days, 50% of the amount will be kept.
- Less than 30 days before departure, the total amount will be due to TRAVEL CAMPER.